Welcome to the Zhang lab at the School of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Tianjin University!
The Zhang lab identifies and characterizes new enzymes and new metabolic pathways in nature using a combination of bioinformatics, genetic, biochemical and biophysical
methods. In particular, the Zhang lab has a long term interest in metal trafficking, metalloenzymes. and their catalytic mechanisms. Other projects in the Zhang lab inlcude synthetic biology, and immuno-based human disease diagnosis.
• Congratulations to our professor Zhang Yan for full professor promotion.
• Welcome Qiang Lu and Guichun Li join our lab.
• Congratulations to Dazhi winning the National Scholarship!
• Congratulations to Dazhi and other coauthors for the discovery and biochemical characterization of a new glycyl radical enzyme, indoleacetate decarboxylase and the manuscript being accepted in Nature Communications!
• Congratulations to Nanjaraj and other coauthors for a novel method producing the first biologically engineered blue rose in human history and the paper published in ACS Synth Biol.!